The Corporate Research and Knowledge Transfer Office was set up in September 2009 to assist in with the transformation of the University into a modern-day 3rd Generation University built on three pillars, namely: teaching, corporate research, and direct and active participation in sustainable socio-economic development.
The main purposes of the Office are:
- to drive the Corporate Research agenda of the University in harmony with and in response to:
- national, social and economic requirements
- the needs of local industry
- emerging expertise and intellectual property, and
- funding opportunities.
- to assist the University and academic members of staff:
- to define and protect intellectual property and commercially exploit research results
- to participate in externally funded and collaborative research projects
- to seek financing for corporate research initiatives.
Click here to access the website
of the Knowledge Transfer Office.
24 May 2013