Stay Ahead of the Curve
“Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way. We need creativity and innovation in order to break free from the temporary structures that have been set up by a particular sequence of experience.” (Edward de Bono)
The Masters in Creativity and Innovation attracts professionals from a broad base of disciplines from the local and international scene. This unique Master Programme has been designed with the collaboration of Professor Edward de Bono, the inventor of Lateral Thinking and author of over 75 books published in 38 languages. Internationally recognized experts will form part of the faculty for this course.
The course is designed to be interdisciplinary and innovative in order to assist participants to expand their perception, employ creative skills, develop ideas with their team, sustain a creative climate and manage innovation. It offers methods and processes designed to help identify opportunities and cultivate appropriate skills and attitudes.
The aim of the programme is to create a process to develop and promote imaginative, flexible and
practical thought and action by:
- Developing a more creative attitude
- Improving their ability to respond practically and creatively to problems and opportunities
- Learning a variety of approaches designed to develop ideas, manage innovation and apply the knowledge and skills gained
- Being better placed to help establish an organisational climate in which creativity, entrepreneurship and innovation can be fostered
- Understanding a variety of approaches to restructuring organisations
- Learning strategies to deal with the constantly changing landscape
- Appreciating the contextual nature of knowledge
- Lectures are held during the daytime.
- Start Date: October each year
- Duration for Full-time Students: 3 semesters
- Duration for Part-time Students: 6 semesters
Please click here to access the full-time programme of studies, and here to access the part-time programme of studies.
Admission requirements are a Bachelors degree from the University of Malta or an equivalent qualification obtained from any other recognised university.
Information on application procedures for local and international students is available here.
University of Malta General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees
University of Malta Bye-Laws for Course
2 July 2015