• 1st Semester/Full Year : 1st June
• 2nd Semester: 1st November
• Nomination by your home university
To study at the University of Malta (UoM) as an Erasmus student, your home institution should have signed a bilateral agreement with the UoM and you must be nominated by the Erasmus coordinator at your home institution. Your coordinator has to send an official letter/e-mail in English to the International & EU Office at UoM. Make sure that your coordinator has nominated you prior to your arrival at the UoM.
• Application documents
Once you have been nominated by your home university you must send the following documents:
1. Enrolment Form (a passport photo is to be attached to the form);
2. Health Forms
- General – this form is to be signed and stamped by a Medical doctor
(not for Pharmacy, Medical & Surgery and Health Science students);
- Pharmacy, Medical & Surgery students
- Faculty of Health Sciences students
3. Important Information Form (once you have all the requested information);
4. Photocopy of your passport/identity card;
5. Copy of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC);
6. Copy of the Travel Insurance (students are encouraged to have a Travel Insurance that includes items which are not covered by the EHIC such as: personal belongings, health services, evacuation and repatriation).
7. English Language Proficiency Declaration – this declaration is to be signed by your home Erasmus coordinator. All students should have a good command of the English language, be able to write assignments in English and also capable of following lectures in English with profit.
8. Learning Agreement - Prior your arrival at the UoM, you are to select provisional modules and submit a learning agreement to your Erasmus Coordinator at the International & EU Office. Details on available study-units are found in the following web site: http://www.um.edu.mt/courses/. This learning agreement should be approved by the coordinators at your Home University and also by the Erasmus Coordinators at the UoM.
These documents can either be sent by e-mail as a scanned document to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to the following address:
International & EU Office,
Room 107, Administration Building,
University of Malta,
After we have received all your documents and checked them, you will receive an official Letter of Acceptance by e-mail together with other information. Upon receipt of acceptance letter, you may book your flight and make other arrangements.
Orientation Sessions 2013/14:
1st semester: 27th September 2013
2nd semester: 4th February 2014
19 May 2013