Users can read messages sent to their University email address using the UoM Webmail facility or an email client program (e.g. Mozilla Thunderbird & MS Outlook).
- UoM Webmail - All users with a University email address can check their email through Webmail as follows:
- Visit the Webmail facility
- Type your username e.g. jbor1
- Type your password.
- Click the Login button.
- Click the message to read.
- To exit Webmail, click the Logout button.
- Mozilla Thunderbird - is the University supported email program. Users are encouraged to use Thunderbird to access their email from home/office computers.
Step-by-step instructions to download, install & configure Thunderbird are available.
Following installation & configuration of Thunderbird, email can be accessed as follows:
- Launch Thunderbird. The Mail Server Password Required dialog box will be displayed.
- Enter the email password.
- Click the OK button. The headers of mail messages appear in the top half of the window.
- Click the header to display the related message in the lower part of the window.
Once you open Thunderbird as instructed above, you only have to click on the Get Mail button to check for any new messages.
19 June 2013