The University of Malta (UoM) Library is dedicated to providing first rate instruction and workshops for students, academics and support staff on Library resources and services.
See the timetable below for information on current workshops and booking details.
The workshops are open to UoM students, academics and support staff.
All workshops are held at IT services (Campus Map - Location 34)
|HyDi ||Mon 24 April ||15:00 - 16:00||TR105 ||BOOK|
|RefWorks||Fri 28 April ||10:00 - 11:00 ||TR003||BOOK|
RefWorks and HyDi support is constantly available by sending an email on email@example.com or by calling on 2340 2541.
For individual sessions on RefWorks, HyDi and OAR@UoM or to organise specific group training kindly send an email on firstname.lastname@example.org HyDi
is your one stop search gateway to both print and online Library resources.
workshops you will learn how to:
- Enter a keyword and search both print and online Library material at once
- Make easier searches, retrieving full-text articles and other material more quickly
- Refine by subject, resource types, collections etc.
- Sign in and request books on loan and renew books from the HyDi interface
Audience: Undergraduates, postgraduates, academics and support staff who would like to know further how to access the Library’s online resources
If you have any queries or need help on using HyDi, send an email here.
RefWorks is a Bibliographic Management Software (BMS) used to compile bibliographies.
In the RefWorks workshops you will learn how to:
- Use RefWorks – a Bibliographic Management Software
- Add references manually into your personal RefWorks account or direct export references from online sources such as Google Scholar and online databases that Library subscribes to
- Save references in different folders according to your assignments and research
- Create a bibliography in your preferred output style (APA, Harvard, MHRA, etc.) with the click of a button
- Use Write-n-Cite: an added tool which works simultaneously with your Word Processor and facilitates entry of in-text citations and footnotes in your assignment, dissertation, long essay, project or article
Audience: Undergraduates, postgraduates, academics and support staff who are carrying out research or writing dissertations.
If you have any queries or need help on using RefWorks, send an email here.
Enhancing the visibility of your research output – A hands-on workshop on how to upload your research papers on the UM Institutional Repository - OAR@UoM
OAR@UoM is the University of Malta’s Institutional Repository that serves as a platform whereby authors and researchers can upload their research output in open access. Open access enhances the dissemination and visibility of research, and will eventually augment the reputation of the researcher and the UM at large.
The session will be divided in 2 parts:
- A concise overview of open access and the benefits of uploading research on OAR@UoM.
- A hands-on session - Uplaoding research on OAR@UoM.
During the session, participants will:
- Create a submitter account
- Request permission to upload their research in a particular community/collection
- Upload their research using the self-deposit method
- Complete the required description fields using appropriate metadata
- Learn about mediated deposit and consent forms
Participants wishing to attend this workshop should reserve their place by sending an email on email@example.com
This is important, as it will allow the OAR Team to create the necessary communities and collections before the workshop and thus save precious time during the session.
Participants are required to bring with them a PDF of their research publication which they wish to upload on OAR@UoM so that it can be uploaded during the hands-on session.
Audience: academics and support staff who are carrying out research and Project Managers who are working on EU funded projects.
For more information on Open Access Repository send an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 2340 2541.
Introductory tours for freshers are offered throughout the month of October. This walking tour covers general information about the Main Library and the services it offers, basic instruction about the Library Online Catalogue, and a brief introduction to online journals and databases.
For reservations please call the Outreach Department on 2340-2541 or send an email here.