The International School for Foundation Studies (ISFS) offers a one-year bridging programme to help develop the skills needed to successfully follow an undergraduate degree course at the University of Malta.
The Foundation Studies Programme is open to applicants who present a secondary and/or high school certificate issued overseas and who have studied within an education system that is not comparable to the Maltese system in terms of curriculum and years of study.
A Pre-Foundation Course is also available for candidates who do not meet the Foundation Programme English Language Requirements.
The Foundation Studies Programme will enable you to:
- improve your English
- develop your academic skills
- extend your communication and inter-personal skills
- participate actively in discussions
- discover a range of humanities, commerce and science subjects
- prepare for the demands of undergraduate study.
- learn how to manage your time effectively
- meet international students from different cultural backgrounds
- train to become an independent learner
- find the appropriate support for your academic development
- be introduced to various teaching styles you will meet in undergraduate courses.
*Except Dentistry, where a qualifying interview is also required and limited number courses where ranking may take place
Scholarships offered by the International School for Foundation Studies [PDF]
To learn more about the International School for Foundation Studies and the Foundation Studies Programme send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +356 2340 2175.