The aims of the HUMS Programme are the following:
- to encourage and facilitate research that brings together the academic interests of academic members from the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery and the Faculty of Science.
- to promote interdisciplinary dialogue between the sciences including medicine and the humanities
- to hold regular meetings, seminars, and conferences in which to present research ideas, discuss work in progress and generally promote the sharing of knowledge
- to create and maintain an electronic portal for the publication, discussion and dissemination of research
- to offer study-units that may be included in the postgraduate programmes of the respective Faculties, and to encourage student research in this field
- to collaborate with local and foreign centres, programmes and individuals working in the same direction
- to provide scope for academic members from other faculties to join in the broader process of substituting interdisciplinary integration for the traditional Science-Humanities dualism.
22 May 2013