Applications for admission to the University of Malta may be submitted through the online application system. If you do not have access to a computer connected to the Internet, see below for further instructions. The application form is available to applicants holding both local and overseas qualifications for undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
The lists of courses/areas of study on offer are available here. Other courses/areas may be added to the list in due course.
Who is eligible to apply online?
- Applicants holding Local Qualifications - applicants who are presenting local qualifications will be able to apply for admission to courses starting in February 2013 by filling in an online application form. The form can be accessed by logging on www.um.edu.mt/apply. Applicants who will be sitting for their Matriculation Certificate examinations for the first time in 2013 or who would have been awarded their Matriculation Certificate in 2013, should apply online after they receive their results in July 2013. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions and Records Office.
- Applicants holding Overseas Qualifications - applicants who are presenting overseas qualifications will be able to apply for admission to courses starting in February 2013 by filling in an online application form. The form can be accessed by logging on www.um.edu.mt/apply. If you have any queries, please contact the International Admissions Office.
What are the benefits of applying online?
Applying online means that the application:
- can be submitted from the comfort and privacy of your home
- is available 24/7 at your convenience
- is simpler to complete
- permits real-time form validation with less risk of filling in details incorrectly
- offers online help for each section of the application form
- fee can be paid through a secure online payment system
What do I need to apply online?
- A Valid Email Address - during the process, you will be asked for a valid email address. It is of utmost importance that you type the address correctly, since it will be used by the Admissions and Records Office to communicate with you during the admission process.
- Login Details - Applicants who will be sitting for their Matriculation Certificate examinations for the first time in 2013 or who would have been awarded their Matriculation Certificate in 2013, will be provided with a username and a password found at the bottom of the results transcript they would have received from MATSEC. Otherwise, you will be prompted to create a username and password of your choice. It is important that you take note of these details since they will be needed for you to complete certain actions, such as resuming a saved application.
- Payment Card Details - when you will be paying the application fee using the secure online payment facility, the system will ask you to input the card holder details in order to pay and submit your application for admission. The cards currently accepted are Visa, Mastercard, APS Premiere, BOV Cashlink and HSBC Quickcash cards.
If you have started an application and do not have the required information at hand, you are given the option in each page to save the inputted details and continue your application later. You are advised to check each page carefully before proceeding to the next as it will not be possible to effect any changes retroactively.
How do I send the requested documents?
Upon submission of the application, applicants with overseas qualifications receive an automatically-generated email, reminding them to submit all necessary documentation in support of their application. All applicants will be asked to submit their original certificates of the documents they would have scanned to International Admissions, for authentication, after being accepted to join the course of studies they applied for. Before this is done, they will not be able to enrol on the course.
I do not have access to a computer connected to the Internet. What should I do?
For applicants who are applying for courses starting in October 2013, a dedicated computer lab will be available in July 2013 where applicants will receive individual attention to complete their application online. Further details will be given at a later stage. For further information, you may contact the Admissions and Records Office.
Can I have further information about the online application?
Yes! Detailed instructions on how to apply are available here. You are advised to read these instructions carefully BEFORE filling in your application form.
20 May 2013