Welcome to the University of Malta Online Application Form
Your application will be processed via a secure electronic process. You are encouraged to use this method to apply for a course as it is the quickest and most efficient way to apply for admission.
It is important that you take a few minutes to read the instructions below before filling in the application. If you are not sure about how to complete any section/s of the form, you can click on the icon in each application section and the relevant instructions will be displayed. If you have any further queries, you may find the contact details of our support staff at the top of each page.
When filling in your online application form, please double-check the accuracy of the information that you enter in order to be sure that your data is accurate. If your application is not completed correctly there may be delays in processing your application.
Which information do I need to apply online?
- A Valid Email Address - during the process, you will be asked for a valid email address. It is of utmost importance that you type the address correctly, since it will be used by the Admissions Office to inform you about the status of your application.
- Login Details - during the process, you will be prompted to create your application login details. It is important that you keep these details since they will be needed for certain actions, such as resuming a saved application or viewing the status of your application. If you already possess a University of Malta eSIMS login account, please note that you still need to create a new applicant account in order to apply.
- Payment Card Details - if you will be paying the application fee using the secure online payment facility, the system will ask you to input the card holder details in order to pay and submit your application for admission. The cards currently accepted are Visa, Mastercard, BOV Cashlink and HSBC Quikcash cards.
If you have started an application and do not have the required information at hand, you will always have the option in each page to save the inputted details and continue later.
Which are the sections of the online application?
If you have already created an online application account, please enter your existing username and password and click the 'Login' button to proceed with filling in the application. Applicants who will be sitting for their Matriculation Certificate examinations for the first time in 2013 or who would have been awarded their Matriculation Certificate in 2013, will be provided with a username and a password found at the bottom of the results transcript they would have received from MATSEC. Your username is your Maltese ID number (without any brackets or spaces) and your password can be found at the bottom of the results transcript you will be receiving from MATSEC as shown below:
The 'New User' button is used to create an applicant account with the University of Malta. If you were a previous student at the University of Malta or sat for single subject/s at Advanced and/or Intermediate level you will need to use this option. Once the 'New User' button is clicked, you will be prompted to fill in 3 sections in order to enable you to proceed with the application.
Personal Details - you will be required to fill in personal and contact details. Please note that the information provided is protected, and used only in accordance with the provision of the Data Protection Act.
Login Details - you will be asked to create a username and password. The password should have a minimum of 5 characters and should not exceed 12 characters. It is very important that you keep your new password confidential.
Security Check - in the space provided, you will need to type the word shown in the picture to pass this security check.
The ‘Forgot your Password’ facility can only be used once you have created an account as a University applicant and provided us with your personal email address. After you answer the personal questions, your reset password will be sent to the email address you have indicated.
Should you need to change your password, you can use this option after logging in. Your new password should have a minimum of 5 characters and should not exceed 12 characters. It is very important that you keep your new password confidential.
Further online application instructions
The online application for admission is customised depending on the type of qualifications that you are presenting and the level of the course/s that you are applying for.
Please make sure that you select the correct type of qualifications that you have obtained since this will determine the sections of the online application. The support staff at the Admissions Office will be happy to assist you if you have any queries related to this section. Not all sections mentioned below may be displayed in your particular application.
- If you are presenting overseas qualifications, you can continue reading the instructions related to your application by clicking here.
- If you are presenting local qualifications, you can continue reading the instructions related to your application by clicking here.
- List of other qualifications considered as local:
- University of Malta degrees and diplomas, the Matriculation Certificate, MCAST and MCAST-BTEC Diplomas and Degrees, ITS Diplomas, the ACCA qualification, the International Baccalaureate Diploma, the European Baccalaureate Diploma, City & Guilds Diplomas, the Certificate in Banking of the Chartered Institute of Bankers.
- If you are presenting both local and overseas qualifications, you are asked to contact the Admissions Office on firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the course/s you wish to apply for together with a list of your qualifications (including the awarding body, level, grades and year obtained). You will then be informed on how to proceed with your application online.