On the 10th of December, being the 100th anniversary of the award of the Nobel Prize to Marie Curie the Department of Chemistry held a special edition of the National Chemistry Symposium.
A number of undergraduate final year projects were also presented as oral presentations by the students themselves. The symposium also showcased postgraduate work as well as research work carried out by Maltese chemists in overseas laboratories.
The subjects covered in oral papers were:
- Molecular Modelling
- Chemistry and Conservation of the Cultural Heritage
- Organic Synthesis of Medicinal Compounds.
The symposium featured poster presentations, covering the following topics:
- Organic Photochemistry
- Industrial Chemistry
- Corrosion Protection
- Mechnaicl Properties of Ceramic Frameworks
- Molecular Logic Gates
- Surfactant Selective Electrodes
- Analysis of Maltese Wines for alpha-dicarbonyls.
20 May 2013