The University of Malta embarked on a Strategic Planning Process to update its vision and mission for the forthcoming years. The Strategic Plan 2020-2025 presents a set of overall goals and a roadmap on how to achieve them.
The Strategic Planning Process and the Implementation Process are administered by a Steering Committee operating as a joint sub-committee of the Senate and Council. The Committee consisted of student representatives, the Rector and Pro-Rectors, academic representatives of the Senate on Council, the Registrar as Secretary of the Senate, and the Secretary of the Council. It provided direction for those initiatives and activities relevant to the development of the plan, and also offered an inclusive platform for discussion and decision-making.
Members of the Steering Committee for Strategic Development
- Chair: Rector Prof Alfred J Vella
- Co-Chair: Prof Tanya Sammut-Bonnici, Pro-Rector for Strategic Planning and Enterprise
- Prof Godfrey Baldacchino, Pro-Rector for International Development & Quality Assurance
- Prof Joseph M Cacciottolo, Pro-Rector for Academic Affairs
- Mr Omar Chircop, Student Representative on Council
- Prof Dominic Fenech, Representative of Senate on Council
- Mr William Farrugia, KSU President, 2019-2020
- Ms Carla Galea, KSU President, 2018-2019
- Ms Veronica Grech, Registrar
- Mr Alexander Hili, Student Representative on Council
- Mr Michael R Piccinino, Student Representative on Senate
- Prof Carmen Sammut, Pro-Rector for Student and Staff Affairs and Outreach
- Mr Simon Sammut, Council Secretary
- Prof Emmanuel Sinagra, Representative of Senate on Council
- Prof Alex Torpiano, Representative of Senate on Council
- Mr Daniel Vella, Student Representative on Senate
- Prof Ing Saviour Zammit, Pro-Rector for Research and Knowledge Transfer
The Strategic Development Process for the University of Malta is organised by the team dedicated to Strategic Planning and Enterprise. We constantly seek feedback to improve and evolve our strategic planning process, whilst identifying opportunities to assist students and staff in meeting University's objectives.