|TITLE||Video Production 3|
|LEVEL||04 - Years 4, 5 in Modular UG or PG Cert Course|
|DEPARTMENT||Media and Communications|
|DESCRIPTION||This study-unit is aimed to provide a practical environment of a live television studio, whereby the individual roles of the members inside the studio and control room are experienced and simulated. Directing, vision mixing, producers and production assistants, audio, floor-managing and camerapersons are some of the roles practiced in various mock-ups which lead to the production of individual live recordings about a topic of the student’s choice. The emphasis upon communication and teamwork become second to none.
- To familiarize themselves with a live/live-on-tape studio workflow
- Advanced visual aesthetics and non-linear video editing techniques
- To prepare students for teamwork in real-life client based-work
- BROWN, Blair (2002) Cinematography: Theory and Practice. Amsterdam: Focal Press.
- UTTERBACK, Andrew (2007) Studio Television Production and Direction. Amsterdam: Focal Press.
|METHOD OF ASSESSMENT||
The University makes every effort to ensure that the published Courses Plans, Programmes of Study and Study-Unit information are complete and up-to-date at the time of publication. The University reserves the right to make changes in case errors are detected after publication.
The availability of optional units may be subject to timetabling constraints.
Units not attracting a sufficient number of registrations may be withdrawn without notice.
It should be noted that all the information in the study-unit description above applies to the academic year 2019/0, if study-unit is available during this academic year, and may be subject to change in subsequent years.