|TITLE||Culture and Heritage|
|LEVEL||00 - Mod Pre-Tert, Foundation, Proficiency & DegreePlus|
|ECTS CREDITS||Not Applicable|
|DEPARTMENT||Degree Plus Programme|
This unit includes a number of guided visits to various museums and sites that are currently managed by Heritage Malta, the national agency for museums, conservation practice and cultural heritage.
Students registered for this unit will have the opportunity to participate in guided visits organised by Heritage Malta on the behalf of Degree Plus.
By participating in this programme you will:
1. become acquainted with Malta’s priceless heritage;
2. be able to identify and explain which are some of the most important historical and cultural places in Malta;
3. further your general knowledge in the field of cultural heritage;
4. learn about the importance of safeguarding Malta’s cultural heritage;
5. communicate and make contacts with undergraduates from different faculties.
|ADDITIONAL NOTES||Pre-requisite: None apart from a genuine love for anything that is related to cultural heritage.|
|METHOD OF ASSESSMENT||
|LECTURER/S||Joseph Noel Grima (Co-ord.)
The University makes every effort to ensure that the published Courses Plans, Programmes of Study and Study-Unit information are complete and up-to-date at the time of publication. The University reserves the right to make changes in case errors are detected after publication.
The availability of optional units may be subject to timetabling constraints.
Units not attracting a sufficient number of registrations may be withdrawn without notice.
It should be noted that all the information in the description above applies to study-units available during the academic year 2020/1. It may be subject to change in subsequent years.