Promoting Staff Research Committee is expected "to promote and develop research among staff, create cross-departmental research opportunities, publish the Faculty journal (Malta Review of Educational Research), identify projects, also in collaboration with schools, where the input of the faculty’s research is required: “The Faculty also commits itself to its students and the UM by establishing itself as a hub of innovative and creative educational research and practice, both at the local level and internationally” (from the FoE Vision and Mission Statement)".
In addition to the delegated functions, to fulfill the assigned duties, members of the Promoting Staff Research Committee aim to organize and/or support the following activities:
Access the Malta Educational Research Association (MERA) webpage.
- The Committee aims to promote and develop research among staff through provisions of information regarding calls for proposals for relevant national and international conferences and events.
- In order to identify some possibilities for cross-departmental research projects, the Committee aims to organize periodic workshops or seminars concerning research opportunities in education.
- Promoting Staff Research Committee members will be engaged in publishing the Malta Review of Educational Research (MRER) Journal (two issues per year) and in research dissemination, the organization of MRER Lecture Series (5-6 events per year)
- The Committee aims to explore feasibility for the organization of several prestigious international and national conferences in education.
- The Promoting Staff Research Committee also aims to initiate student exit surveys.
- The Committee aims to initiate a study of factors that facilitate staff research
- As a form of support to the Malta Educational Research Association (EERA candidate member), the Committee aims to explore feasibility for the creation of a new journal "Malta Applied Research in Education" (MARE) as a journal of this new association. Its main objective will be to attract academic staff, practitioners and students involved in applied research in education.
Promoting Staff Research CommitteeChairperson
Prof. Milosh Rajkov
Prof. Carmel Borg
Dr Barbara Baschiera
Dr James Calleja
Dr Mario Pace
Ms Romina Caruana Bond