Trainer: Mr Joseph Cassar
Target Audience: Staff identified by the Office for Human Resources Management & Development
Course duration: 8 hours (6 contact and 2 self-study and assessment)
- The importance of hygiene in the food industry.
- Pathogenic organisms – the potential to cause illness.
- High and low risk foods.
- Causes of food poisonings and how to avoid them.
- Personal health & hygiene: importance; the need to report illness.
- Cross contamination: its causes and prevention.
- Food storage: protection; temperature control; rotation.
- ‘Foreign bodies’ in food: types and prevention.
- Cleaning & disinfection: materials used, methods, storage of detergents.
- Waste disposal: storage and hygienic disposal.
- Pests control: importance of control.
- Legal requirements as per local legislation.
- Any particular topic related to the delegates’ job.
- Instruction on control and monitoring of critical points related to the delegates’ job.
- Information on Animal By- Products
Successful candidates receive a Food Handlers Category B certification, valid for five years.