Trainer: Ms Naomi Mifsud - Senior IT Specialist II
Target Audience: Academic staff at UM
Duration of Session: 3 hours
IT Services organises workshops for academic staff who want to use the University Plagiarism Detection software – Turnitin. Training consists of a single hands-on workshop covering these topics:
- Introduction to the UM's plagiarism guidelines & policy
- The functionality of Turnitin
- Creating submission drop-boxes for assignments and UG dissertations in the UM VLE
- Accessing the PG dissertation/thesis areas and updating the due dates for submission
- Downloading students' submissions
- Interpretation of the Turnitin originality reports.
- Familiarity with MS Windows
- Familiarity with the UM VLE
It is recommended that all academic staff interested in using Turnitin follow this workshop.
Resources and user guides