Getting Started with the VLE
Trainer: Mr James Cilia - IT Services Deputy Director & Head of User Services
Target Audience: Academic staff who are new to the VLE
Duration of Session: 3 hours
IT Services offers training at no cost to academic staff who want to use the University Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) to complement and enhance their study-unit/class areas. Moodle is the VLE supported by the University of Malta.
New to VLE? Join this workshop to explore how you can start using this e-learning platform to support your study-units. This workshop covers the basic features and functionality of the VLE. We will help you set up one of your running study-units on the VLE.
This single hands-on workshop (3hrs) covers these topics:
- accessing your study-units on the VLE
- posting learning resources and sample past papers
- creating links to online resources (including YouTube videos)
- using the Announcements forum to communicate with students
- creating a discussion forum
- using the VLE Copy Tool to copy study material from previous VLEs.
Resources and user guides