Some of our publications
- N. Farrugia, J.A. Briffa, and V. Buttigieg, 'Solving the multi-commodity flow problem using a multi-objective genetic algorithm', in Proc. IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, Wellington, New Zealand, 10–13 Jun. 2019.
- G. Azzopardi, G. Valentino, A. Muscat, B. Salvachua, and S. Redaelli, 'Operational results of the LHC collimator alignment using machine learning', 10th International Particle AcceleratorConference (IPAC), 19–24 May 2019.
- R. Farrugia and C. Guillemot, 'Light field super-resolution using a low-rank prior and deep convolutional neural networks', IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 2019.
- F. Fernandez, R.A. Farrugia, J. Bigun, J. Fierrez, and E. Gonzales-Sosa, 'A survey of super-resolution in iris biometrics with evaluation of dictionary-learning', IEEE Access, 7, pp. 6519, 2019.
- L. Attard, C.J. Debono, G. Valentino, and M. Di Castro, 'Tunnel inspection using photogrammetric techniques and image processing: a review', ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Elsevier, vol. 144, pp. 180–188, Oct. 2018.
- V. Buttigieg and J.A. Briffa, 'Time-varying variable-length error-correcting codes', in Proc. IEEE Intern. Symp. on Inform. Theory and its Applications, Singapore, 28–31 Oct. 2018.
- M. Attard, A. Muscat, and M. Camilleri, 'Developing the technology for a shared demand responsive transport system at the University of Malta', The 97th Annual Conference of the Transport Research Board (TRB), 6-11 Jan. 2018.
- M. Cordina and C.J. Debono, 'Robust predictive filtering schemes for sub-band CQI feedback compression in 3GPP LTE systems', IET Communications, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 1797-1807, Sept. 2017.
- E. Depasquale and C. Preist, 'A case for the development of data standards for reporting projections of growth in the internet’s energy consumption', 4th. International Conference on ICT for Sustainability, 2016.
- J.M. Vella and S. Zammit, 'Infrastructure dependent wireless multicast: a distributed antennas approach', EuroCon 2013, Croatia, 1–4 July 2013.
- T. Spiteri and J. Núñez-Yáñez, 'Scalable video coding with multi-layer motion vector palettes', IET Image Processing, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 1319-1330, Dec. 2012.
- T. Spiteri and V. Buttigieg, 'Maximum a posteriori decoding of arithmetic codes in joint source-channel coding', in e-Business and Telecommunications, eds. Mohammad S. Obaidat, George A. Tsihrintzis & Joaquim Filipe, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 367–377, 2012.
- S. Zammit and G.F. Carpenter, 'Packet video coding for wireless access networks', IEEE Visicom93, 5th Intl. workshop on Packet Video, 22–23 Mar. 1993.