Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://www.um.edu.mt/library/oar/handle/123456789/47770
Title: Proposed landfills in Malta : effects
Authors: Attard, Stephen
Keywords: Environmental health -- Malta
Fills (Earthwork) -- Malta
Hazardous wastes
Environmental protection
Issue Date: 2003
Citation: Attard S. (2003). Proposed landfills in Malta : effects (Diploma long essay).
Abstract: In the Maltese Islands 83% of the municipal solid wastes and other wastes are deposited without pre-treatment at the two public disposal sites at Maghtab (Malta) and Qortin (Gozo ). The other 17% of the total quantity of municipal solid waste generated are delivered to the Sant Antnin composting plant for processing which is used to produce approximately 3000 tonnes of compost. Both the Maghtab and Qortin sites have received all types of wastes including hazardous wastes over the years and have given rise to significant environmental impacts and potential risks (A Solid Waste Management Study for the Maltese Islands 2001). This dissertation is based on the Project Description Statement entitled 'The Development and Operation of a Controlled Landfill and Ancillary Facilities' which was issued by the Ministry for Resources and Infrastructure in April 2002.
Description: DIP.ENV.HEALTH
URI: https://www.um.edu.mt/library/oar/handle/123456789/47770
Appears in Collections:Dissertations - FacHScFSEH - 2003

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
Attard_Stephen_Proposed landfills in Malta.PDF
  Restricted Access
20.84 MBAdobe PDFView/Open Request a copy


Items in OAR@UM are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.