Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://www.um.edu.mt/library/oar/handle/123456789/59638
Title: The Blessed Virgin of "Ta' Pinu" Sanctuary
Authors: Montanaro, Edgar G.
Farrugia, Giuseppe
Keywords: Basilica of the Blessed Virgin of Ta’ Pinu (Gharb, Malta)
Ta’ Pinu, Our Lady of
Issue Date: 1949
Publisher: Giov. Muscat
Citation: Montanaro, E. G., & Farrugia, G. (1949). The Blessed Virgin of "Ta' Pinu" Sanctuary. Malta : Giov. Muscat.
Abstract: Within the limits of the village of Għarb, the westernmost district of the Island of Gozo, a village of 1400 inhabitants with a Church that is served by the oldest Chapter of Canons in the Island, there is a Sanctuary dedicated to the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin, the fame of which has spread far and wide. Pilgrims flock to this temple in very large numbers and tourists never fail to pay at least a flying visit to this renowned Chapel which has now become the finest Sanctuary in Gozo. At a point about one and a half mile distant from Victoria, the main road from the Capital branches off into two. The one on the right circles round a hillock known as "Ta' Għammar" and it leads to a hamlet that is known by the same name.
URI: https://www.um.edu.mt/library/oar/handle/123456789/59638
Appears in Collections:Melitensia Works - ERCPPRChr

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
The_Blessed_Virgin_of_ta_Pinu_sanctuary.pdf
  Restricted Access
957.05 kBAdobe PDFView/Open Request a copy


Items in OAR@UM are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.