Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Full metadata record
DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.identifier.citationAntiquity. 1957, Vol 31, p. 60-67en_GB
dc.description.abstractIn May 1956, while visiting the megalithic temples of Tarxien, which stand on high ground less than a mile from the inner creeks of Grand Harbour, massed graffiti of ships were observed on two adjacent uprights in the' Third Temple'. The Tarxien temple group was excavated in 1915-9 by Sir Themistocles Zammit, to whose son Mr Charles Zammit, Director of the Museum Department of the Maltese Government, the discovery of the graffiti was reported; he confirmed that they had hitherto passed unnoticed. His ready co-operation and his generous provision of the photographs illustrating this article are gratefully acknowledged, as is also the great interest shown, and help given, by Mr R. S. Newall, who happened to be visiting Malta at the time of the discovery.en_GB
dc.subjectExcavations (Archaeology) -- Malta -- Tarxienen_GB
dc.subjectTarxien Temples (Tarxien, Malta)en_GB
dc.subjectGraffiti -- Malta -- Historyen_GB
dc.titleGraffiti of ships at Tarxien, Maltaen_GB
dc.rights.holderThe copyright of this work belongs to the author(s)/publisher. The rights of this work are as defined by the appropriate Copyright Legislation or as modified by any successive legislation. Users may access this work and can make use of the information contained in accordance with the Copyright Legislation provided that the author must be properly acknowledged. Further distribution or reproduction in any format is prohibited without the prior permission of the copyright holder.en_GB
dc.contributor.creatorWoolner, Diana
Appears in Collections:Melitensia Works - ERCWHMlt

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
Graffiti of Ships at Tarxien Malta.pdf
  Restricted Access
20.43 MBAdobe PDFView/Open Request a copy

Items in OAR@UM are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.