Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://www.um.edu.mt/library/oar/handle/123456789/9360
Title: Remains of an ancient Greek building discovered in Malta in February 1888
Authors: Caruana, Antonio Annetto.
Keywords: Malta -- Antiquities
Architecture, Greek -- Malta
Archaeology -- Malta
Issue Date: 1888-12
Publisher: Archaeological Institute of America
Citation: Archaeological Institute of America. 1988, Vol.4(4), p. 450-454
Abstract: The remains of the basement-floor of the building, a ground-plan of which is given in Figure 17, was discovered in February, 1888, in a field (archiepiscopal property) called Nadur, and formerly bearing also the name of Teides-Iz-zghir. They lie at a distance of about 5 miles to the south of Valletta, and midway between the villages of Luca and Mkabba, in a lonely but well-cultivated district of the island. Though constructed of large blocks of stone, these remains cannot, in any way, be considered as belonging to the megalithic class of structures of which there are so many in these islands: they differ from the megalithic class both in type and in mode of construction.
Description: Signed and dated by the author
URI: https://www.um.edu.mt/library/oar//handle/123456789/9360
Appears in Collections:Melitensia Works - ERCWHMlt

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
remains of an ancient greek building.pdf8.96 MBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in OAR@UM are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.