Golden rules of waste management:
- Now that children are getting their booklists it’s time to think about getting the books! Try sourcing your books from second hand sources first.
- Shop smart – think about what you’re going to prepare for lunches, cook for dinner, what chores you want to carry out...and buy or make things accordingly.
- Remember to recycle. Now you can even recycle the milk and juice cartons. Get yourself up-to-date with what you can and cannot recycle from the Don’t Waste Waste app.
- Start creating your own products – this means going green with your cleaning products.
- Reuse and repair – rethink things before you trash them. See if you can give new life or repurpose new items. If not, donate to charity.
- Clear out the clutter – once a month think about clearing out a room or area of your house from clutter, being careful not to mix your waste.
- Compost – if you have a garden or a small area in which you can grow plants think about creating your very own compost heap.