The Malta Council for Science and Technology is organising Sustainable Blue Economy Partnership :An Evening with Stakeholders on Wednesday 15 February at 16:00 at Esplora, Kalkara.
During this event, entity representatives will have the opportunity to showcase their work through a two-minute pitch (places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis).
Whilst inviting you to register by the 12 February 2023, you may find the draft agenda attached for your perusal.
It is currently envisaged that the Sustainable Blue Economy Partnership will launch its first joint transnational call on 13 February 2023.
The Sustainable Blue Economy Partnership, a European partnership under the European Commission’s Research & Innovation Framework Programme Horizon Europe, is pleased to pre-announce its first Joint transnational call entitled “The way forward: a thriving sustainable blue economy for a brighter future”.
The first Joint Call 2023 shall be organised as follows:
- 2-stage Call (Pre-Proposal and Full Proposal)
- Pre-proposal deadline: 14th April 2023.
- National budget: €500,000
- Consortium eligibility: at least three independent legal entities from at least three different participating countries
- Call Text shall be available online
- National Rules shall be available online
This first co-funded call aims to support transnational research and innovation projects (36 months) addressing one of the five priority areas below:
- Planning and managing sea-uses at the regional level
- Development of offshore marine multi-use infrastructures to support the blue economy
- Climate-neutral, environmentally sustainable, and resource-efficient blue food and feed
- Green transition of Blue Food production
- Ocean Digital Twin (ODT) test use cases at EU sea-basins and the Atlantic Ocean.
More information will be available soon on the MCST website and the SBEP website, and also by email.
Should you wish to know more, we would gladly organise a meeting to discuss this funding opportunity further.
Sustainable Blue Economy Partnership: An Evening with Stakeholders
- 16:00 – 16:30 Doors Open and Registration
- 16:30 – 16:35 Welcome Note by MCST CEO – Mr. Silvio Scerri
- 16:35 – 16:40 Speech by Parliament Secretary for Youth, Research and Innovation – Hon. Keith Azzopardi Tanti
- 16:40 – 17:30 The Sustainable Blue Economy Partnership
The 5 Priority Areas
National State Aid Routes
National Application Form
- 17:30 – 18:00 Stakeholder Pitches
- 18:00 – 19:00 Networking (Food and Drink)