Event: Bridges: Interdisciplinary Research
Date: Monday 4 April 2022
Venue: Biology Resource Room, Biomedical Building, First Floor
HUMS – the Humanities, Medicine, and Sciences Platform – is pleased to announce its first Postgraduate Symposium.
Organised in collaboration with the Doctoral School, the Symposium is titled Bridges, in appreciation of the value and importance of interdisciplinary work conducted by doctoral candidates at the University of Malta.
Staff and students are cordially invited to attend the Symposium, on Monday 4 April at 18:00 in the Biology Resource Room, Biomedical Building, First Floor.
There is no attendance fee for the event, but please send an email to Ms Christine Galea to register and book a seat.
The five papers that will be delivered at the Symposium are the following:
- Clara Chetcuti: 'E-Lit : Born Digital, Born Interdisciplinary'
- Amanda Muscat: 'Speaker/Author Profiling in Maltese'
- Mariella Scerri: 'The Contraceptive Pill – a chemical revolution'
- Anastasia Seifert: 'FRB Detection Using Machine Learning Algorithms'
- Rebecca Vella Muskat: 'A linguistic analysis of the form and function of online hate speech in Malta'
Light refreshments will be served after the event.