The Humanities, Medicine and Science Platform (HUMS) will be holding its Autumn Symposium on the morning of Friday 25 October 2019 at the Faculty of Arts Library. HUMS is dedicating this symposium to women and their roles at the University of Malta.
09:30 Start of the Symposium
- A Centenary Commemoration: Tessie Camilleri and Blanche Huber, the first two women admitted to university studies in Malta.
- In conversation with the Registrar, Veronica Grech.
- Maltese women in academia: Has the glass ceiling cracked?
- Through the looking glass: transformative education and contested spaces.
- Is it that true that education not only takes women forward, but educated women take society forward?Elizabeth Coombs
- 100 years of women at the University of Malta: past achievements, future challenges.
- Hors Concours: Women and Higher Education. Introducing a photographic exhibition.