Issued: 11 March 2020
The MATSEC Examinations Board is monitoring the situation concerning the COVID-19 coronavirus and the impact it may have on the candidates of the upcoming examination session.
The University is collaborating with Government and Health authorities so that precautions are taken to minimise the risk of virus transmission.
Meanwhile, the MATSEC Examinations Board advises all candidates to continue preparing for the upcoming examination session.
The Examination session will start as scheduled and the following measures are in place:
- Candidates who feel unwell at the time of the examination or manifest any symptoms related to the COVID-19 virus or are in a quarantine period are not to present themselves at the examination centre to sit for the upcoming language oral examination
- The MATSEC Examinations Board will be scheduling extra days, following the written examinations period, so that candidates who are absent for the oral component are given the opportunity to sit for it
- Affected candidates are to contact the MATSEC Examinations Board by 22 April 2020 via email to reschedule their oral examination to June
- Candidates who are absent for the oral examination do not need to present a medical certificate
- None of the examination rooms have a capacity of more than 750 candidates
The MATSEC Examinations Board will update candidates on any changes and will issue further directives, should the current situation related to COVID-19 virus change.