The Department of Nursing at the University of Malta is one of 10 nursing schools from across Europe to establish a Nursing School Commitment, which is a commitment to include environmental health in students' curricula.
This news comes to light following the launch of a Working Group in April 2021, aimed at addressing the fact that climate and health was not the norm in nursing programmes around Europe.
The other nine members of the Working Group are:
- The Nursing Department at the University of Jaén in Spain
- The Institute of Health and Nursing Science at the Essinglen University of Applied Sciences in Germany
- The School of Nursing at the University of Barcelona in Spain
- The Department of Caring and Ethics, Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Stavanger in Norway
- The School of Health Sciences at the University of Brighton in the UK
- The School of Nursing and Midwifery at the University of Plymouth in the UK
- The Department of Healthcare at the Arcada University of Applied Sciences in Finland
- The Department of Nursing Science at the Tuebingen University in Germany
- The Academic Nursing School at the Shamir Asaf Harofe & the Hebrew University in Israel