The training school will he held from 9 to 11 November at the Cottonera Resource Centre in Vittoriosa.
Venue: The Cottonera Resource Centre, St Edward Street, Fortini, Vittoriosa BRG 9030, Malta
Dates: Monday 9 to Wednesday 11 November 2015
The training school will address the following topics via lectures, reflective exercises and group work over the course of the 3 days:
- The psychology of appearance
- Who are the marginalised and socially disadvantaged groups in Europe?
- The impact of belonging to a disadvantaged group on childhood, adolescence & adulthood
- The social and cultural impact in relation to marginalised and socially disadvantaged groups
- How do we reach these groups in our different fields of specialities – education, vocational training, public health, medical settings
- How do we assess appearance dissatisfaction in marginalised and socially disadvantaged groups?
- Research methods and methodological challenges
- Data collection methods & response formats
- Case studies based upon clinical and observational experiences
It is an international training school however there are 23 places available for local participants.
For full details and to apply: visit the COST IS1210 Appearance Matters Training School webpage on the Department of Gender Studies website.
Application deadline: Sunday 1 November 2015
Cost: The training school is free of charge however a contribution of EUR 30 will be requested from each participant to cover the cost of lunch and coffee breaks during the training school. The contribution will be collected upon registration on the first day.