Project financed by WizaR&D Ltd through the MarSA fund of the Malta Marittima and the TAKEOFF Business Incubator
1. Applications are invited for a student to work on a project regarding the Development of the Chemistry of a portable desalination device, a project financed by WizaR&D, through funds obtained from the MarSA funds of the Malta Marittima, through the TAKEOFF incubator.
The work will be carried out in collaboration with the Department of Chemistry of the University of Malta, under the supervision of Prof. Emmanuel Sinagra and the co-supervision of Prof. David Magri, Dr Daniel Vella and Dr Ruben Gatt.
2. Applicants must be in possession of at least a B.Sc. (Hons) in Biology and Chemistry, or Chemistry with Materials obtained with at least Second Class Honours from the University of Malta, or a comparable degree from any other recognised university. Very good knowledge of English is a prerequisite. Any direct experience in research project work or industrial experience will be considered an asset.
3. The Scholarship will be subject to the eligibility of the candidate to enrol in the Master of Science programme and should refer to the Requirements for Admission to Postgraduate Courses. Applicants from outside Malta are required to contact the International Admissions Office (www.um.edu.mt/international/international) to check the necessary requirements.
4. The Scholarship is for an initial period of one year and carries a stipend of EUR 7,000 per annum with an additional EUR 3,000 per annum for bench fees.
5. Applicants should submit their letter of application, a copy of their curriculum vitae and copies of their certificates. Applications must be sent by email to the Project Support Office at:
Late applications will not be considered.
Note: This application does not automatically enrol the applicant for the Master of Science programme. A separate application must be submitted.