Call for Applications
IAT Scholarship for Master of Science in Aerospace (by Research)
- Applications for the scholarship are invited to support full-time studies in Aerospace within the Institute of Aerospace Technologies leading to the award of the degree of Master of Science in Aerospace (by research). The awardee will be required to conduct research in image processing algorithms to determine the position of an aircraft relative to the centre of a taxiway in all weather conditions. This information can be used by pilots to steer the aircraft towards the taxiway centreline. His or her work will directly support the research that the Institute of Aerospace Technologies is conducting in an international cooperation with French industry and research establishments.
- The ideal candidate should have a first degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Science, or in any other area of study which the Board of the Institute considers as appropriate, (with a minimum of Second Class Honours or Category II classification), with experience in image processing, embedded systems (including FPGAs) and, preferably, sensor fusion. Experience with one or more of the following tools will be considered an asset: MATLAB & Simulink, OpenCV and Vivado Design Suite.
- As part of the M.Sc. studies, the awardee will have the opportunity, whilst based at the Institute of Aerospace Technologies, to work on taxi aid camera systems with design engineers from Latécoère, a world leader in aerostructures and interconnection systems.
- Following selection, the successful applicant will need to submit an application with a detailed M.Sc. proposal.
- The scholarship will include a bursary of Eur 7,000 (paid in installments) and the waiving of tuition fees.
- Candidates must submit their letter of application, a copy of their curriculum vitae, a copy of their certificates and details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than Friday 23 March 2018.
Late applications will not be considered.
- The selection procedure will involve:
a. scrutiny of qualifications and experience claimed and supported by testimonials and/or certificates and
b. an interview and/or extended interview.
- Further information about this scholarship may be obtained by sending an email to the Institute of Aerospace Technologies.