Department of Computer Information Systems and Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Information & Communication Technology
- Applications are invited for the post of Masters Research Student to work in collaboration with “DataDear”, which is a publicly funded project financed by the Malta Council for Science & Technology through FUSION: The R&I Technology Development Programme 2016. Further information on the project may be accessed online. The student will join the scientific research and development team as a postgraduate researcher. The project assigned by the consortium may lead to an MSc degree, which will be supervised by the University of Malta’s academic supervisor.
- Applicants must be in possession of a B.Sc. Honours degree in programmes with a strong ICT component, as well as a strong knowledge of database technology and distributed systems.
- This scholarship is for a period of 12 months and carries a stipend of EUR 6,000 p.a.
- The Scholarship will be subject to the eligibility of the candidate to enrol in the Masters programme at FICT: International applicants are required to present an internationally recognised English Language Proficiency Certificate at the required level. Further details are available online.
International applicants are also advised to familiarise themselves with information available on the website of the International Office (http://www.um.edu.mt/international/international), particularly to the sections concerning visas and e-residence permit conditions and requirements. International candidates will need to provide assurance that they have the funds available to cover their stay in Malta. The stipend awarded for this scholarship is to be considered as a form of allowance and will not cover all the costs attached to studying and living in Malta.
- Candidates should submit their letter of application, a copy of their curriculum vitae, copies of their certificates and contact details (including e-mail address) of 2 referees. Applications may be sent by email to email@example.com. If a candidate is already in possession of a letter of acceptance for an acceptable Masters then it should be provided too. Applications should be received by not later than noon of 12 October 2017. International candidates are required to present certified translations of their qualifications into English. Late applications will not be considered.
Note: The scholarship awardee will be required to complete a Master’s application, which is considered separately.
- Further information may be obtained from Dr Joseph G. Vella at firstname.lastname@example.org.