This programme aims to support suitably qualified applicants in any discipline to pursue a postdoctoral fellowship at an eligible higher education institution in Ireland. Fellows will hold a Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship.
These fellowships can be held for either one or two years.
An applicant must have either graduated or have been certified as having fulfilled all the requirements for the award of a doctoral degree, including a viva/thesis defence, within the five-year period between 31 March 2013 and 31 March 2018.
- a salary of €31,275 per annum
- employer’s PRSI contribution of €3,365 per annum (10.75% of salary)
- employer’s pension contribution, where applicable, of €6,255 per annum (20% of salary)
- eligible direct research expenses of €5,000 per annum
How to apply
Documentation related to the 2018 Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship call will be released shortly. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
- FAQ deadline - 1600hrs (Irish time) 21 November 2017
- Applicant deadline - 1600hrs (Irish time) 30 November 2017
- Mentor and referee deadline -1600hrs (Irish time) 7 December 2017
- Research office endorsement deadline - 1600hrs (Irish time) 14 December 2017
- Call outcome - April 2018
- Fellowship start date - 1 October 2018
Please note that the timings provided here are indicative and may be subject to change.
If you do not find the answer to your query in the call documentation, you should contact the research office in your proposed institution which will provide information and clarification on the call. Research offices can send any queries they are unable to clarify to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For reasons of transparency and fairness to all applicants, the Council will not enter into written or telephone correspondence with any individual about the assessment process or their eligibility to apply.