Building on a successful pilot programme under Horizon 2020, the European Innovation Council (EIC) was just launched at an online event, with a budget of €10 billion for 2021-2027, to develop and expand breakthrough innovations.
The first annual work programme of the EIC has been published, with funding opportunities worth over €1.5 billion for the first year.
Several features of the European Innovation Council (EIC) make it unique for supporting pioneering ventures, including:
- The EIC Accelerator: supporting SMEs, start-ups and spinout companies to scale up their innovations
- The EIC Programme Managers: responsible for developing visions for technological and innovation breakthroughs, managing portfolios and bringing together stakeholders to make these visions a reality
- The EIC Transition funding scheme: helps convert research results into innovations
At the same time, two prizes for Women Innovators and the European Capital for Innovation are opened for applications.
- The EU Prize for Women Innovators recognises the most talented women entrepreneurs across the EU, who have founded a successful company and brought innovation to the market
- The European Capital of Innovation Awards recognises the role cities play to shape local innovation ecosystems and promote game-changing innovation
Talented female innovators as well as innovative SMEs from lesser-known regions will be supported to apply.
For more information, take a look at the below: