Title: MUHC Course for Dementia Caregiving in the Community
Course Dates: Monday 8; Thursday 11; Monday 15; Thursday 18; Monday 22 November
Time: 17.30 – 19:00
Course Coordinator: Professor Charles Scerri
Price: EUR 100.00
Course Duration: 7 1/2 hrs
Note: The sessions will be delivered in English
Aim and Contents of the Course
The majority of individuals with dementia in Malta live within their communities. There is also a general understanding that increasing awareness and knowledge is fundamental in enhancing the quality of dementia care and in developing dementia-friendly communities where individuals with dementia are welcomed to continue participating in daily life for as long as possible. This course is specifically designed to provide caregivers, including family members, with the basic knowledge and skills to care for people with dementia at home.
- Monday 8 November – Prof Charles Scerri - Misunderstanding dementia
- Thursday 11 November - Mr Alex Gobey - Services for individuals with dementia and their caregivers
- Monday 15 November – Dr Anthony Scerri Understanding and dealing with changes in behaviour
- Thursday 18 November – Dr Anthony Scerri - Communicating with individuals with dementia
- Monday 22 November – Ms Rosette Bonello - Enhancing the quality of life through activities
Participants who attend at least 80% of the sessions will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance issued by Malta University Consulting Ltd.
Cheques are to be made payable to Malta University Consulting Ltd. Registrations can also be done by requesting the Registration Form by sending an email For further information kindly contact Malta University Consulting Ltd: Tel: 21 240746; Website.