- The Department of Geosciences requires the services of a part-time Research Support Officer I or II to work on the above project and any other project undertaken by Prof. Pierre-Sandre Farrugia. The project involves the identification of auxetic structures in biological systems, prototyping, and mechanical testing.
- The ideal candidate should have a Master’s Degree in physics, engineering, mathematics, and/or a related area. Suitable candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in the same areas will also be considered.
- The post of:
Research Support Officer I [Bachelor’s] is for a maximum of 10 hours per week from 29.08.22 until 30.01.23
[22 weeks] for a total of 220 hours and will be remunerated at the rate of Eur10 per hour.
Research Support Officer II [Master’s] is for a maximum of 8 hours per week from 29.08.22 until 06.02.23
[23 weeks] for a total of 184 hours and will be remunerated at the rate of Eur12 per hour.
- The selected candidate must be living in Malta for the period of employment.
- Candidates must submit their letter of application, a copy of their curriculum vitae and a copy of their certificates by email by not later than Wednesday 17 August 2022.
Late applications will not be considered.
1. The following is a list of tasks that the appointee may be required to work on:
- Carry out a literature review on biological auxetic systems.
- Propose and/or optimise auxetic systems that can mimic the Poisson’s ratio of biological systems.
- Use 3D printing to prototype the identified auxetic systems.
- Where possible, carry out mechanical tests on the prototypes to determine their mechanical properties.
- Coordinate the day-to-day work with the project leader, Prof. Pierre-Sandre Farrugia.
- a. on a part-time basis; and
- b. at such places and during such hours as may be determined by the University authorities.
- a. scrutiny of qualifications and experience claimed and supported by testimonials and/or certificates
- (copies to be included with the application);
- b. short-listing; and
- c. an interview and / or extended interview.
- Regulations and Bye-Laws of the University which are now or which may hereafter be in force.
Deadline for Applications is by not later than Wednesday 17 August 2022.