The Office for Human Resources Management & Development in collaboration with IT Services will be providing newly recruited academics with an Orientation session regarding IT Services' key offerings to UM staff and students.
Target audience: All newly recruited members of staff at UM
Duration of Session: 1.5 hours
Delivery Method: Classroom-based
Date: Thursday 16 March 2023
Time: 10:00 - 11:30
This session will provide attendees with an overview of the main services offered by the University IT Services:
- UM IT Account & UM Google Workspace: email, calendar, drive, shared drives etc;
- Learning technologies: VLE (Moodle), Turnitin, Webconferencing (Zoom), Lecture Capture (Panopto);
- Learning Spaces: AV technology in lecture rooms, computer training rooms, web conferencing, classroom technology support & printing;
- Information security;
- IT Service Desk: IT support; and
- Procurement of hardware, software, web-related services & cloud computing.
The session will also include a brief tour of the IT Services Building.