Workshop 1: Author Workshop
Friday 10 May 2019 from 09:00 - 12:00
Workshop 1: Scopus Training Workshop
Both workshops will be held in Boardroom 19, ICT Building.
The main speaker will be Mr Massimiliano Bearzot, who is the training specialist from Elsevier, and will cover the following topics:
- be more aware of how to approach the publication process systematically
- have greater insight into the needs of readers and reviewers
- be aware of skills required to write journal articles
- be aware of the processes involved in dealing with the peer review process
- understand the purpose of each section in a research paper
- understand how online platforms have changed how research papers are discovered and read.
Scopus Training Workshop: 14:00-16:00 (for Academic members of staff and doctoral researchers)
Scopus is the world's largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Scopus delivers a comprehensive overview of the world's research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
For further information about Scopus, please visit the Elsevier website.