The speaker, Ms Valerie Robillard, is the Senior Publisher in the Open Research team at Emerald Publishing. She assists with the strategic development of the Emerald Publishing Service, working with partner organisations and editors around the world to publish and develop their open access journals. She also supports open access initiatives implemented by Emerald.
- be more aware of how to approach the publication process systematically
- have greater insight into the needs of readers and reviewers
- be aware of skills required to write journal articles
- be aware of the processes involved in dealing with the peer review process
- understand the purpose of each section in a research paper
- understand how online platforms have changed how research papers are discovered and read.