- RNA interference (RNAi) based diagnostic & therapeutics research in the context of tumor development
- Influence of gene, miRNA and other non-coding RNA expression in the development of human disease conditions
- High throughput semi-/quantitative gene (or miRNA, lncRNA, etc.) analytical techniques such as RT-qPCR and microarray platform utilization
- Development of nanoparticle â€“ based drug delivery systems for RNAi-based Therapeutics
- Ayers D, Platt M, Javad F, Day PJ. Human papilloma virus strain detection utilising custom-designed oligonucleotide microarrays. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;688:75-95. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20938834
- Logan J A, Kelly M, Ayers D, Shipilis N, Day P. Systems biology and modelling in neuroblastoma: practicalities and perspectives. Expert Rev Mol Diagn. 2010 Mar;10(2):131-45. http://www.expert-reviews.com/doi/pdf/10.1586/erm.10.4
- Duncan Ayers, Philip JR Day. Unlocking the potential of RNA interference as a therapeutic tool. MMJ 21 (2009); 3:13-19. http://www.um.edu.mt/umms/mmj/showpdf.php?article=252
- Duncan Ayers, Dylan N Clements, Fiona Salway, Philip JR Day. Expression stability of commonly used reference genes in canine articular connective tissues. BMC Veterinary Research 2007, 3:7. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1746-6148/3/7/abstract
- Duncan Ayers. Implications of miRNA-directed gene silencing in cancer. Book chapter included in: RNAi Technology. Edited by Drs. R.K. Gaur, Y. Gafni, Pradeep Sharma and Vijai Kumar Gupta (Science Publishers, USA; 2011).
- Duncan Ayers, Mark Platt, Farzad Javad, Philip J R Day. Human Papilloma Virus strand detection utilising custom-designed oligonucleotide microarrays. Book chapter included in: PCR Mutation Detection Protocols, Vol.2. Edited by Drs. B. Theophilus & R. Rapley (Humana Press, USA; 2010).
Selection of reference genes for normalisation of real-time RT-PCR in brain-stem death injury in Ovis aries Passmore M, Nataatmadja M, Fraser JF BMC Molecular Biology 2009, 10:72 (23 July 2009)
Streptococcus pneumoniae nasopharyngeal colonization induces type I interferons and interferon-induced gene expression Joyce EA, Popper SJ, Falkow S BMC Genomics 2009, 10:404 (27 August 2009)