- Noel Aquilina has been appointed as:
Scientific advisor in the areas of air pollution and climate science within the Scientific Advisory Council requested by the Ministry for Sustainable Development, the Environment and Climate Change of the Government of Malta in 2014.
Reviewer of the National GHG Inventory Submission of 2014 under the Monitoring Mechanism and the UNFCCC.
- Noel Aquilina, James Ciarlo` & Sara Fenech were Contributing authors to the Sixth National Communication.
- Aquilina N., Attard M., Borg S., Ciarlo` J., Fenech S., Kemp L., Muscat D., Pace P., Quol C., Refalo L., Vassallo S. (2014). The Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth National Communication of Malta: under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. The Malta Resources Authority. Download the document
- Noel Aquilina represents the Department of Physics on the Climate Change Consultative Council, set up by the Ministry for Resources and Rural Affairs (MRRA) on 5th March 2012. This Council, as requested by the National Strategy for Policy and Abatement Measures will bring together the major stakeholders who influence and are influenced by policy decision relating to climate change.
- Noel Aquilina is the representative of the Department of Physics on the University of Malta Climate Change Platform since 2012 to encourage interdisciplinary research on climate change and its effects.
- Noel Aquilina was the copy editor for the Second National Communication.
- Micallef A., Sammut C. V., Vassallo S., Borg M., Attard Baldacchino J., Camilleri C., Ghirlando R., Cachia J., Mallia E. A., Drago A., Cordina G., Gatt K., Mallia A., Xuereb R., Zammit Y., Borg S. (2010). The Second Communication of Malta to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. Ministry for Resources and Rural Affairs.
- Noel Aquilina & James Ciarlo`: Mentioned in an article describing the change in Maltese Weather entitled "Number of days of hail in Malta on the rise", published on Malta Today on 18 February 2015.
- Noel Aquilina & James Ciarlo`: Participated in a discussion regarding research opportunities with the CRG (formerly MCT) during Program 13 of a radio show entitled "University Matters II" , which was aired on 14 April 2011.
- CRG: Members of the CRG (formerly MCT) with the Hon. Prime Minister Dr Gonzi during the Open Week 2011 "Discover University", in the Physics Computer Laboratory, Maths & Physics Building on 14 March 2011.
- James Ciarlo`: Participated in talk regarding Climate Change on the radio show entitled "Biżżejjed Għal Kulħadd" on 1 March 2011.
- Noel Aquilina: "University joins in research on predicting future climate change". Times of Malta, 22/08/2010.