The Internal Research Grants Programme supports academics in carrying out their research and acts as a springboard to obtain additional funding from other local and foreign sources.
The programme is split into two strands:
- Research Seed Fund: an allocation among applicants for research funding
- Research Excellence Fund: the award of four projects of Eur 60,000 to be implemented over a two-year period.
One such project is being awarded in each of these priority areas:
- Natural Sciences and Knowledge Sciences
- Engineering, ICT and Built Environment
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Arts and Humanities
- Social Sciences and Education
The Research Support Services Directorate manages the application process for the award of research funds allocated to University of Malta researchers. Funding is overseen by the Research Fund Committee at the University of Malta.
Access the programme guidelines and refer to the application form template.
Complete and submit your application through the form by the application deadline.
Do you have any queries regarding the application process?