The Department of Chemistry offers coursework leading to the degree of:
- B.Sc. (Hons) in Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry with Materials
- B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry and Biology
- B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry and Physics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry and Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry and Statistics and Operations Research
- M.Sc. in Applied Chemistry (by advanced study and research) (Not available in October 2014.)
- M.Sc. in Chemistry (by research)
- Ph.D. in Chemistry
Use the University Course Finder
software to find the latest programmes of study for the above courses.
Postgraduate programmes require that the student carries out a research project. In the M.Sc. in Applied Chemistry, the research topic is in pharmaceutical analysis. In the M.Sc.by research and the Ph.D. students can chose a project in the areas of expertise of one of the members of staff. Academic members of the department carry out research in diverse fields in chemistry which are detailed here.
19 April 2014