At our Department, among the experimental facilities there are undergraduate and research laboratories, as well as computational facilities that include Albert, a supercomputing cluster, and a GPU cluster.
The research laboratories under our direct responsibility are:
- Electromagnetics Laboratory
- Ultrawideband Laboratory
- Supercomputing Cluster (Albert).
Other laboratories that were the responsibility of the Department of Physics and are now being managed by the Department of Geosciences
- The Atmospheric Research Station (GAW) in Gozo
- Seismic monitoring network on the Maltese Islands
- Geophysics Laboratory
- Mobile Air Quality Laboratory.
The research laboratories at the Department of Physics were acquired through European Regional Development funds.