At the International School for Foundation Studies
(ISFS) we offer a one-year bridging programme to help you develop the skills you need to successfully follow an undergraduate degree course at UM.
The Foundation Studies Programme
is open to applicants who present a secondary and/or high school certificate issued overseas and who have studied within an education system that is not comparable to the Maltese system in terms of curriculum and years of study.
This is your pathway to a degree course at UM: successful completion of this course guarantees your place on the degree course* of your choice.
The ISFS offers the Foundation Studies Programme in four areas:
The Foundation Studies Programme will enable you to:
- improve your English
- develop your academic skills
- extend your communication and inter-personal skills
- participate actively in discussions
- discover a range of humanities, commerce and science subjects
- prepare for the demands of undergraduate study.
You will also:
- learn how to manage your time effectively
- meet international students from different cultural backgrounds
- train to become an independent learner
- find the appropriate support for your academic development
- be introduced to various teaching styles you will meet in undergraduate courses.
* Except Dental Surgery, where a qualifying interview is also required and limited number courses where ranking may take place
Contact us by email or call on +356 2340 2175.