Master in Knowledge-Based Entrepreneurship - October 2016 intake
CEBI is accepting applications for the Masters program in Knowledge-Based Entrepreneurship starting in October 2016. You can apply by:
1) Going to the webpage http://www.um.edu.mt/apply
2) Clicking [Start]
3) Selecting [Postgraduate Studies], [Centre for Entrepreneurship and Business Incubation] and [Master in Knowledge-Based Entrepreneurship]
4) Clicking [proceed].
This will take you a login page.
Click [New User] and fill in the details on the next form that appears.
Message from the Director:
Welcome to the Centre for Entrepreneurship and Business Incubation (CEBI)
The Centre for Entrepreneurship & Business Incubation (CEBI) was officially set up in the first quarter of 2013, although it can trace its roots back to 2010 when its predecessor, the Entrepreneurship Unit (eUnit), was set up within the Institute of Sustainable Development.
CEBI was set up to promote the development of a knowledge-intensive, entrepreneurial culture in Malta, with the wider aim of fostering the socio-economic development of the Maltese islands. The centre is currently targeting knowledge-intensive sectors such as science, technology, engineering, and creative media at the University of Malta and in the wider Maltese context. To meet these objectives, and to put knowledge-intensive entrepreneurship at the top of the University of Malta's outreach agenda, CEBI will initially:
- Provide hands-on, post-graduate education and training programmes for entrepreneurs in knowledge intensive sectors;
- Promote and catalyze the incubation of start-up companies in various sectors including ICT, Engineering, Science, Media and the Creative Industries. In this respect the CEBI board will be providing strategic direction to the University of Malta's new Business Incubation Centre, which is to be co-managed together with the Knowledge Transfer Office;
- Promote the setting up of Start-Up Funds, Business Angel Networks (BANs) and Venture Capital Funds to finance new business ventures.
CEBI has finalized the development of an Intensive Training Program (ITP) in Entrepreneurship, in partnership with ISIS Innovation Limited - the technology transfer arm of Oxford University. The development of the ITP is part financed by a European Social Funds (ESF) grant, which the Centre secured together with the Corporate Research and Knowledge Transfer Office (CR&KTO).
The call for applications for participation in our Intensive Training Program will be launched in the coming days, and we invite you back to this site to check this innovative training program in knowledge-intensive entrepreneurship.