Welcome to the Institute for Sustainable Energy website
The aims of the Institute are to assist in the development of national energy plans through studies in the use of new and renewable energy sources and methods of energy conservation. It is also intended that the Institute should organise and participate in teaching programmes and research projects in the field of energy technology. Other objectives include the dissemination of appropriate methods and techniques relevant to the Institute's areas of interest and to design equipment adapted to local conditions.
This is carried out mainly by:
- analysis studies on the use of energy
- determination of feasible measures to conserve energy
- applications of renewable sources of energy
- originating and participating in teaching and research projects
- collaborating with other universities, industries and international bodies.
22 February 2017