|LEVEL||00 - Mod Pre-Tert, Foundation, Proficiency & DegreePlus|
|ECTS CREDITS||Not Applicable|
|DEPARTMENT||Degree Plus Programme|
• Welcome, safety and comfort
• Course objective and methodology
• The task of a First Aider
• Incident Management
• Casualty Management
• Primary Survey
• Recovery Position
• Secondary Survey – Head to Toe
• Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
• Modification Child/Baby
• Shock (circulation)
• External Bleeding
• Dressings and Bandages
• Disorders of the Airway and Breathing
• Heat Exhaustion, Heatstroke
• Fainting, Heart Attack, Anaphylactic Shock
• Internal Bleeding
• Minor and Major Epileptic Fits
• Burns and Scalds
• Electrical Shock
• Introduction and practice of Arm Sling
• Injuries to the Muscles, Joints and Bones
• Jaw thrust for Spinal Injuries
• Bandages Practice
• CPR Practice
Appropriate unit material will be provided by the tutor during the sessions.
A certificate of attendance and of satisfactory completion of the unit will be provided at the end of the semester. Students will sit for an exam at the end of the course to obtain a Certified First Aid Certificate and First Aid Card.
|ADDITIONAL NOTES||This unit may not be offered if there are an insufficient number of applicants.
Occ A - This occurrence will be delivered in English
Occ B - This occurrence will be delivered in Maltese
|METHOD OF ASSESSMENT||
|LECTURER/S||Joseph Noel Grima (Co-ord.)
The University makes every effort to ensure that the published Courses Plans, Programmes of Study and Study-Unit information are complete and up-to-date at the time of publication. The University reserves the right to make changes in case errors are detected after publication.
The availability of optional units may be subject to timetabling constraints.
Units not attracting a sufficient number of registrations may be withdrawn without notice.
It should be noted that all the information in the description above applies to study-units available during the academic year 2020/1. It may be subject to change in subsequent years.