The JC4Others Committee with the aid of all students and staff is once again contributing to a local Food Bank. Some of the food would also be kept to help our students in need.
This year we shall donate the food to Soup Kitchen OFM, Valletta. The collection of non-perishable food and toiletries will take place between 1 – 14 December 2023. Boxes will be available in the corridors next to the staff rooms. The items can be either placed into the boxes or given directly to the following committee members or to Dr Liliana Marić:
- Ms Juanita Gatt or Ms Helena Bezzina – Ground floor – Mathematics and Biology sections
- Mr David Farrugia – 1st floor – Chemistry and Physics sections
- Mr David Agius Muscat or Dr Stephen Zammit – 2nd floor – Accounting, IT and Computing sections
- Dr Joseph Axiaq – 3rd floor – Maltese, Home Economics, Geography, Marketing and Foreign Languages sections
- Ms Josette Tabone – 3rd floor – English section
- Mr David Agius Muscat or Dr Stephen Zammit – 4th floor – SOK, Psychology and Religion sections
The Soup Kitchen was set up by Fr Marcellino Micallef at the Franciscan Friary in Valletta. The Soup Kitchen operates from Monday to Friday, and lunch meals are provided free of charge, with daily take away meals provided for the supper meal. Toilets and shower facilities are also available for the users. The persons who attend the Soup Kitchen are those suffering from a low income, those going through a financial crises, others without a roof over their head, those who have finished their prison sentences or are suffering from drug addiction.
The Committee thanks everyone for your support in making a difference to someone else’s life. The significance of your contribution, no matter how small it is, means the world to those receiving it. If you would like further information, please send an email to Dr Liliana Marić
FOOD: Rice, Couscous (Box), Noodles, Dried Peas / Beans / Lentils, Milk (UHT) / Powdered Milk / Evaporated Milk, Almond/Coconut/Soya UHT Milk, Breakfast Cereal (Box of 500 & 750 g), Biscuits or snack bars, Dried Fruit, Packets of Fruit Juice, Instant Coffee, Tea bags, Sugar, Cooking oil/Olive oil, Soup (Instant), Canned Tuna, Canned Meat, Jam (not home-made), Jar/ Canned Polpa / Tomato Paste (Kunserva) / Passata, Jar / Canned Carrots, Chickpeas, Sweetcorn, Baked beans, Mixed Vegetables, White or Red Kidney Beans, Pesto / Cooking sauce, Mashed Potatoes (Box), Ketchup, Mayonnaise.