TWINNING - WIDESPREAD call: To strengthen a defined research area by linking a widening country (including Malta) with two other internationally leading institutions in 2 different MS or AC. The UM must coordinate the project as the widening country.
- Eligible consumables and equipment costs (up to 10%);
- Focus on strengthening research management skills of coordinator;
- Project size increased to € 0.9 million from € 0.8 million, with project duration of 3 years.
Further information available online.
Internal deadline: 24 October 2019
Deadline: 14 November 2019
Are you a researcher with an excellent scientific profile and with visionary research projects in mind that you want to realise in Europe? The European Research Council (ERC) has a funding scheme that will meet your needs.
Attention to all applicants: A new work programme is published with some minor changes to the programme.
Find out more.
Starting, Consolidator, Advanced, Synergy and Proof of Concept Grants
Starting Grants - Call open. Deadline: 16 October 2019
Synergy Grants - Call open. Deadline: 5 November 2019
Consolidator Grants - Call open. Deadline: 4 February 2020
Advanced Grants - Call open. Deadline: 26 August 2020
Proof of Concept Grants - Call open. Deadlines: 21 January 2020, 23 April 2020, 17 September 2020
- Research and Development projects: Multi-Year Project (MYP)
- Research Workshops: Advanced Research Workshop (ARW)
- Training Courses: Advanced Study Institute (ASI) and Advanced Training Course (ATC)
Vision 2020 Network!UM is a member of the Vision 2020 Network and leads the Marine & Maritime Helix. It is now possible to join winning consortia under Horizon 2020 through the Crowdhelix platform. We are pleased to announce that YOU as a University of Malta academic / researcher can now use this platform in order to:
- find partners to join you in a consortium for a proposal you wish to lead
- join a consortium applying under a particular call as a partner.
SPIN - The New Research Funding SoftwareAs you begin thinking about your next research project, we encourage you to consider utilising SPIN, an extensive research funding opportunity database. Visit the website at infoedglobal.com.
SPIN contains over 40,000 opportunities from more than 10,000 sponsors. Training sessions are organised upon request for groups of 5 or more. For further information please contact Karen Cacciattolo.
For further information as well as support in the application process, get in touch with the Research Support Services Directorate today.